Washington State Technology Mission to Japan
May 20-24, 2019
Tokyo, Japan (May 20-22)
Osaka, Japan (May 23-24)
About the Mission
The Washington State Department of Commerce is partnering with Innovation Finders Capital (IFC) to take a select group of Washington companies in the artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning sector on a tech mission targeting business opportunities in Japan.
Companies will identify new sales opportunities in Japan, gain market intelligence that helps your business grow, meet key decision-makers at top Japanese firms, and leverage the unique economic relationship between Washington State and Japan.
Customized software development and design
Data Analysis Software For Batteries and Energy Storage
Creator of NeoPulse®, the only platform for experts and non-experts to create custom AI models for cloud, on-premise, and IoT
Autonomous drones for indoor industrial inspections
Mobile AR and VR software for the iPhone, iPad, and Android operating systems
Phone plans for international travelers
Proprietary sensor infused smart garments
Data science and mixed reality solutions for enterprise clients
Mission highlights include:
- Five days of business meetings, pitch events, and networking sessions with Japanese technology firms coordinated by mission organizers.
- Company site visits with renowned Japanese multinational technology firms.
- University and tech accelerator site visits.
Benefits of joining this mission
- Business networking opportunities at hosted receptions.
- In-country briefings providing market information and advice on how to do business in Japan.
- Your company profile in the trade mission brochure, and mission website, circulated to companies in Japan.
A team of experts at the Department of Commerce will provide a range of technical and consulting services that can get your business ready to connect you to potential business partners.
Export Vouchers up to $5,000 are available for qualified businesses to help offset some of the costs.
$2,250 for first company attendee
$250 for each additional attendee from the same company
- Transfer from Tokyo to Osaka and hotel stipend provided by Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Fees cover logistical support, pitch events, group receptions, and delegation marketing materials.
- Cost is per individual traveler
- Fee does not include hotel, flights, in-country transportation or meals.
ICT Business Development Manager
Washington State Department of Commerce
Phone: (206) 256-6147