Getting you up and running – fast!
Time is of the essence for any business that is making a major investment in new facilities in Washington State. As you know, making your way through the machinations of permitting and regulations in any state can be complex and often confusing.
That’s why we have a team of business experts in the Office of Economic Development & Competitiveness (OEDC) that is dedicated to guiding you through the process of permitting your project, serving as a liaison and making personal introductions between your company and the government agencies that oversee various aspects of your project, whether at the state, county or local level.
Depending on your needs as a business, here are just a few of the agencies you’ll be working with. Our team will be happy to work with you to expedite the process and remove roadblocks whenever possible.
- Washington’s Secretary of State handles registration and licensing of corporations, limited partnerships and the registrtration of trade names.
- If you need a Washington business license, you’ll be going through the Washington Business License Service.
- Projects requiring environmental permits are handled by the Department of Ecology.
- The Washington Department of Revenue will help you ensure that your business’ tax obligations are set up correctly and answer any questions you have regarding business taxes in Washington State.
- The Governor’s Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance is also a good resource for businesses that need assistance in understanding Washington’s environmental regulations or need permitting assistance.
- The state has created a one-stop shop for all your business needs and questions.
Got a question about permitting and licensing? One of our experts with the OEDC’s Business Development team will be happy to answer them for you. Call us at (206) 256-6100.